Individuals may schedule an appointment or be referred to complete an individual substance use disorder evaluation/ assessment, mental health evaluation/ assessment or both.
This service is designed to assist with identifying if an individual has a substance use and/or mental health disorder and assist with accessing any needed services based on the results.
Insurance, private pay, and sliding fee scale are accepted.
Services provide a strengths-based approach to alleviating stress and strengthening families. Services to children, adolescents, and adults for individual, family, and group sessions include:
• Marital and Couples Therapy
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
• LGBTQI Therapy
• Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
Services to adults for individual and group sessions include:
• Evaluation and Treatment - This program focuses on the identification and treatment of all types of addictions as well as on the prevention of addiction through education and awareness. Intensive Outpatient, Extended Outpatient and Continuing Care is offered in group and individual sessions.
• OWI Education 12-Hour Course- The OWI course in the state of Iowa, is a class to assist in completion of the OWI Education class before a driver's license can be reinstated. (Note that in some cases additional penalties/requirements may be imposed by the court system and/or by the Iowa Department of Transportation.)
Iowa Domestic Abuse Program (IDAP)- This program offers group education for individuals who have verbally, mentally, or physically abused in a relationship/s. Our program addresses the connections between spouse abuse and child abuse. This service is for adult women and men.
The Iowa Domestic Abuse Program (IDAP) is a program utilizing the ACTV (Achieving Change through Values-Based Behavior) curriculum and is provided in a group setting, with men’s and women’s groups occurring separately. ACTV, is a research-based approach that assists individuals in defining their personal values in life and encourages them to move toward a life consistent with these values; with particular emphasis on remaining non-violent and refraining from abusive behaviors.
The program breaks the common tactics of power and control against partners and teaches the use of non-violent behaviors to promote respect, responsible parenting, honesty, accountability, trust, support, and negotiation. The top priority of IDAP & ACTV is to help offenders understand that battering is a choice – one that destroys relationships, families, and lives.
The program consists of an Intake Assessment and 24 weekly 90-minute classes.
Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS) is a service offered for individuals, primarily children, who have disruptions in their daily living due to mental health diagnosis and behavioral health impairments. Services are communicated through experiential teaching of the following skills:
• Cognitive Flexibility Skills
• Communication Skills
• Conflict Resolution Skills
• Emotional Regulation Skills
• Executive Function (planning, verbal reasoning, inhibition, and multi-tasking)
• Interpersonal Relationship Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Social Skills
The goal of the service is to assist clients:
• Develop and apply pro-social skills
• Develop and enhance interpersonal communication and interaction skills
• Develop and apply self-control skills
• Reduce anger and aggression, and manage emotions appropriately
• Develop and apply healthy, age- appropriate decision-making skills
• Enhance self-esteem and self-efficacy
Family-Centered Services are delivered in Iowa's 30-county Western Service Area and contracted by Iowa’s Department of Human Services (DHS). These services are to help families who are at risk of abuse or neglect.
To receive services, a family must be referred by DHS. Because this service is provided only when the DHS refers a family, we cannot offer this service to families on an individual basis.
New in 2020, services are provided to United States Probation Office- District of Northern Iowa for pre-trial and probation services for individuals involved with the federal corrections system.
Services to federal pretrial and probation clients include:
Hope Street of Siouxland provides a drug and alcohol-free living environment which provides strength to guests who need a hand up in reaching a path to recovery.
Hope Street provides a caring home environment in which guests can stay so long as they remain sober, employed and making steps toward healthy living. For more information...